Each month we will organize 1-2 introduction workshops to Legal Design Thinking, to get familiar with this new approach. We will focus this introduction on privacy and privacy statements, to really get hands-on with Legal Design Thinking. Within the community we will organize workshops and discussions on the broader application of Legal Design Thinking and discuss case studies. The topics will be related to human rights, since the mission of Visual Contracts is to bring the law closer to laymen, and empower people to practice their rights.
The workshops will be highly interactive and creative, i.e. making use of prototyping, visual thinking and other design thinking methods to stimulate creativity and empathy within the legal field. For now we focus on Dutch professionals, lawyers and designers, however as soon as possible also English workshops will be held.
Why should I attend this workshop?
- You think access to justice needs to be more human friendly
- You think the legal field is ready for innovation and a human centered approach is very much welcome on top of all legal-tech innovations
- You want to take the first steps in learning about and contributing to making law accessible from a human centered approach
- You want to be able to position yourself in the market as a 'Legal Design Thinker'
You will learn about:
- Privacy from a legal perspective
- Privacy from a design thinking perspective (how users/consumers deal with privacy)
- How to create an accessible privacy statement
- Which steps to take to implement Legal Design Thinking in your own field
What skills do I need to attend the workshop?
Since the Introduction to Legal Design Thinking is organized to get familiar with the approach, the only thing you need to bring is your own professional background and experiences. When you become a member of the Visual Contracts community you will be able to attend more specialized workshops, where basic Legal Design Thinking skills are necessary.
The program of the introduction to Legal Design Thinking is as follows:
- 10:00 – 10:15 Coffee & sign up
- 10:15 – 10:30 Introduction on Legal Design Thinking & background of Visual Contracts, by founder Lieke Beelen
- 10:30 – 11:15 Warming up the creative mind – introduction to visual thinking
- 11:15 – 11:30 Coffee break
- 11:30 – 12:30 Privacy case & defining design vision
- 12:30 – 13:30 Lunch break
- 13:30 – 14:30 Privacy introduction, asking a privacy expert questions and perhaps adapting your design vision
- 14:30 – 15:30 Start scetching the privacy statement
- 15:30 – 15:45 Break
- 15:45 – 16:30 Working out concept privacy statement
- 16:30 – 17:00 Present concept privacy statements to each other
€595,- excl. VAT.
Become a member and get €46,- discount.
Get your discount code now.
Put me on the waitinglist and inform me for the upcoming training dates